Thursday, May 4, 2023

Well, here it is a little after 3 a.m. and I am parched with thirst and hungry as a bear after hybernation. 

Yes, I have a medical procedure this morning that requires nothing by mouth after 10 p.m. last night. And, when hey say nothing they mean absolutely nothing.

It is my every six months Endoscopy the final part of which is when they insert some sort of ballon in my throat and inflate it to stretch my esophagus open wider so that I will stop trying to choak myself to death with even the swallow of water. And, an evaluation of my Pancreas.

We shall see how it goes.

The only good thing about the procedure is that they knock you out. But, that passes and I will then consume gallons of water and eat everything within reach. So watch your back if you are within reach.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing at all by mouth? Your boyfriends must be very disappointed. But I do hope both procedures go well for you, that your esophagus is well-stretched and your pancreas are holding out the best they can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending good thoughts that everything goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow.
    Sending good vibes and hoping there's ice cream within reach after the procedure!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete