Sunday, May 28, 2023

 Got up this morning and glucose was up again (322) but that was because I cheated last night. They had a fund raiser here for Alzhiemers and I bought a iced sugar cookie and a 50/50 iced tea and lemonade that was very sweet. I knew when I did it I would react to it.

So this morning just oatmeal, dry toast, a little fresh fruit and water for breakfast. I will look longly at the bacon and the outrageous omlets but will be true to myself and just taste them in my mind.

Two or so hours after breakfast I will check my glucose again and hopefully it will be down.

Now for the potential for good news. There is a Debt Ceiling deal in principle. I don't really care what may have been conceded. I just don't want to continue to stress over if my SSA check will come at the end of June or not any longer. And, I really suspect this deal was done and held under wraps for a while in hopes the we the impacted to react one way or another.

And in other news Texas has voted to Impeach Attorney General Paxton (a real SOB Texas style) which may indicate that even the repugs in the state are ready for a change. Now if only, in the next election, there will be even the tiniest blue wave and the conservative idiots that are my co-citizens of the state will vote out Idiot Abbott there may be some hope for this state yet.

The repugs fought hard to encourage major tech companies to open plants here, mostly in the Austin area. Well, they did not count on them transferring so many of their employs from Calif to Tx. The result has been a rather large infux of blue voters and this coming election, with proper turn out, may see those liberal Californians along with a huge number of young new voters be able to make some changes at that big doamed building in Austin.

And yet more good news. The Texas State legislature's attempt to pass a education funding bill that favored vouchers for private and religious schools, thereby moving significant amounts of money away from public education failed...lets hear a big chear for that!!!!!

For me that is "all the news thats fit to print". So I will leave you now with what I hope is a ray of sunshine coming to my little state and the dreams of better days to come for us all. Love you.

8 comments:

  1. I sure hope TX sees a blue wave. A HS buddy of mine says he thinks he, his wife, and 2 kids are the only Dems in the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let them know they are not alone. More and more Dems are feeling safe to come out of the political closet. I think that, if nothing else, Cruz will be out and God willing Abbott as well.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that not everything in Texas politics is awful, but boy howdy what a state.

    I am no diabetes expert but isn't an omelet better overall than toast, oatmeal and fruit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be right. I will have to ask Dr. Google for his advice.

      Delete
    2. Dr. Google has spoken "choose the omelet with veggies with lean bacon and a side of fresh fruit for a better balance of protein and sugar" of course this does not mean I can just pig out.

      Delete
  4. Take good care of yourself Mister!!!! And only have the bacon or omelets as a treat here and there in small doses.

    I would love to see Abbott gone!!!!!! I have cousins that moved to Texas years ago to tend to her dying father. But then my cousin ended up working for Houston's transit system high up, so they stayed... but have had enough, he with the transit system which is a mess and both of them with the State itself.... and are readying to move back to NYC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, if I can get my health in order and reclaim some balance, I was thinking of the Portland, OR area.

      Delete