Sunday, May 21, 2023

 AN UNEXPECTED EVENT

Well, I suppose it had to happen eventually. While I am not out where I live in the sense of running up and down the halls with a rainbow banner. I am out in that I refer to my husband Robert when discussions move in that direction. The question of "are you gay" has never been asked but it is sort of an unstated understanding among those residents that are friends.

Yesterday afternoon suddenly Timmy went balistic and there was a knock on my door. I answered it and it was an old man, probably about 85 or so, bent in the sholders and using his walker to get around. He infomed me that his wife had gone to visit their children in Dallas and that if I wanted to come up to his apartment later he was sure we could have a good time. That sort of old straight man attempt at hitting on me. I think that if he had been more subtle I might have responded differently. But that "I am alone the weekend and horny" approach just did no meet even my lowest level of a romantic invitation.

I had to supress a laugh and just smiled and told him what a compliment it was but that I was busy that evening (a lie but I did not want to outright reject him and have him feel bad) and that while his offer was very nice I really did not want to develop the building reputation that I was the old Gay man who was always available for a blow job or a fuck with old horny straight men. I did not use the term horny old straight men, I actually said with anyone who's wife was not around and then have to face them when they returned.

I am pretty sure the word is out among the men who live here that I am Gay and alone. But that does not imply that I am available at their whim. If an older Gay man were to move in here and express any sort of interest in me I would not turn him away be it for friendship/companionship or sex or any other reason. But statistically I know the chances of that are pretty slim.

There actually was, before I moved in here, a Gay man who lived in the apartment right next to mine. Maybe I live in the Gay wing of the building. But that would mean there are six other apartments currently occupied by older women that would have to be reassigned to my Gay brothers and sisters.

I think there is a Lesbian that recently moved in. Everyone was whispering "is that a woman or a man". She is the butchest looking woman I have seen in a long time and when asked says that when her husband died everything just got to be too much for her to handle and she move in here. Of course her husband could actually have been here wife. I know there was a time when My Robert and I allowed people to think either he or I were the wife in casual conversations with people. Not correcting people when they asked about our spouse. Of couse that all changed when we moved to our farm. It was pretty obvious there were to old me in that house. And, we were totaly accepted as a couple by the "townsfolk".

Anyway, I have run off on a tangent, this was about my night caller. He went on his way and at dinner last night he was not in the dining room. It will be interesting to see if he shows up for breakfast this morning as he is a part of our sort of men's breakfast club. I hope he is not uncomffortable at having made the offer and being "rejected" and that he just realizes that he was just horny and willing to be open to physical contact of any kind he could get. The human sex drive really is an odd thing.

Just thought you all might be interested given my recent postings about being alone. Yes I am alone but not lonely. And am not in such a state that I would just jump at the chance for a random bit of sex. At least not yet.

5 comments:

  1. Honestly. First you were unhappy that due to your physical limitations you couldn't get out, and men were not showing up at your door. Now they are showing up at your door!

    You are very chivalrous not to take up this fellow on his offer. But he is probably not 100% straight either, so you might strike up a platonic friendship with him. You could visit his apartment and listen to LPs from time to time.

    Personally, I think it is time to let your rainbow flag fly and set up a Queer Widows/Widowers group. But that is me meddling again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to dissapoint. He showed up at my door for all the wrong reasons. He thought that because I am gay and alone then I would jump at the opportunity. Just because a man shows up at my door it does not mean that my dreams are coming true either.

    As to if he is or is not 100% straight...it does not matter. My beliefe is that every living person on the planet is, or at least had the capacity to be bisexual. It is the circumstances that motivate a person not the gender they identify with. What I could tell you about the hodge-podge of confused genders that we used to deal with at the GLCSC.

    And as to letting my rainbow flag fly. Well, it does in a sort of way. But really, do I want the responsibility of taking on 70, 80 or 90 years of life experience from these people and disrupt their final years? And, if there is another gay person here than so be it. I am not in favor of outing another gay man just for my convience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O.K. just read my beads, I don't care. Of course I am resigned to being alone. My expressions of being content are probably to convince myself more than others. As for sufficient interest in such a group as say Gay and Bisexual Widows and Widowers, yes there probably would be an unexpected interest here. But, they would mostly be bible thumpers who wanted nothing more that the convince me of my wrongs and how if I did not repent I was destined for fire and brimstone for all of eternity and that is just something I am not willing to take on...at least not if I want to continue living here.

      As always, Lurkie, you and your "criptic' comments are the fly in the ointment of truth.

      Delete
    2. Well, if your would-be genteleman caller knows you are gay then the bible-thumpers probably do too (and no doubt some of them wish they could be your gentlemen callers too).

      Perhaps a gay widows/widowers group is too specific. Here in Lurkville we have a group for older queers (technically 50+) that works okay. It has both Zoom and in-person participants.

      On the other hand, although there are bible-thumpers here they are probably less in-your-face than those in West Texas. I can imagine that organizing such groups is tougher in Abilene, but I hope somebody does it, because it is not good for you to feel isolated and alone. (That is independent of you having a snuggle buddy.)

      Delete
  3. Also: please tell us about the hodge-podge of confused genders you dealt with at the GLCSC.

    ReplyDelete