Wednesday, October 12, 2022

 I was going to grow my beard back but it was just too uncomfortable. So, clean shaven it is for me, at least when I bother to shave. One nice thing about living in a small town, people that know you don't look at you like some sort of bum when you don't shave.

Another nice thing about small towns. I went to breakfast this morning before getting my hair cut. As I was leaving a man who I did not know or at least recall knowing came up to me, introduced himself as the man that owns the property next to ours and expressed his sorrow at the death of Robert. That was 19 months ago. And, he told me if I ever need anything just let him know. No funny looks, not questioning or raised eyebrows. Just a sincere expression of sorrow for my loss and an offer to help if I ever needed it.

With all the frustration that I often feel living out here in the country there are so many examples of the compassion and sincere level of care offered to me by absolute strangers. Not something I have ever experienced in larger town and cities we have lived in.

That man said that he knew how hard it must be to loose someone you loved.

There we were, an older Gay couple, living in the country with not a soul around us that we knew, and people constantly amaze me at their complete and unquestioning acceptance.

Just changed my profile picture to one of me and my buddy Duke.

2 comments:

  1. I have found, after moving to a small-town, that people are just more tolerant. They may not understand gay, condone gay, or even like gay, but it's about simply being kind to your fellow man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a friend of small towns, but there ARE exceptions.
    So glad somebody did that! It's always so welcome, right?
    And I love the new profile pic!!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete