Friday, October 14, 2022

 So my doctors appointment went as well as it could. I have to start tracking a lot of stuff like Glucose and Blood Pressure. Oxygen levels and stuff. And they are setting an apointment for another CT Scan of my Aneurysm in a week or two.

Then while I was driving home my Glucose just tanked with no warning. That is the first time it has happend to me while I was driving. It is scary enough when it happens at home and you are not sure you will make it to something to boost your sugar before you just colapse and pass out. But, driving and being out in the country was really a scare. I was still about 5 miles from a small town called Lawn, TX where I could get something to "rescue" myself with. I slowed down to about 40 MPH and tried to stay in the lane I was driving in. I know now how, years ago, so many people were arrested for drunk driving when they were actually in a potentially Diabetic chrisis. But I managed to get a sugary Starbucks and several energy bars into my system and got home without killing myself or anyone else.

The first thing I did was go online and order a bunch of Glucose Tablets which I will keep in the car followed by making an appointment to see my regular doctor on Monday (doctors here are closed on Fridays) to go over any adjustments I need to make to medications.

Now for just a couple of other things. I really am beginning to hate the postings that keep showing up on Facebook of dogs within 24 hours of being put to sleep in some shelter somewhere. They are always in another State and I spend hours thinking about them and how I would save them if I could. Wish I had the money to turn our farm into a rescue place.

The other thing is that I read an article about how scientist have been transplanting human brain cells into rats to study things. It dawned on me that in the future, maybe a thousand years or so, there would probably be human/rat hybids running the world. Then I realized that we already have that. Oh my!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We recently had a new grandson. News of the happy event was posted on Facebook. Photos of babies began to turn up on my Facebook feed and these were quickly replaced by photos of babies with heartbreaking and life limiting illnesses. The images were upsetting and I didn't know what to do about it. So I started to activate the 3 dots in the top right of each image and tap the "not interested" and "irrelevant" options. After a week of doing this repeatedly it seems to have done the job. I hope that helps in reducing the quantity of upsetting dog images.

    ReplyDelete