Tuesday, October 18, 2022

 Just a really brief post to start the day, I may post more later, who knows. Anyway, this morning I watch the movie The Elecctrical Life of Louis Wain staring Benedict Cumberbatch on Prime. I had added it to my watch list months ago but never got around to watching it. With it getting light later and this morning being on the cold side I decided to spend the time with a movie.

Well, I am not sure what I was expecting, nor did I really know anything about Louis Wain. But this film is amazing. Cumberbatch really shows his talent and acting ability in ways that are much more gentle than I can recall him ever being.

It is a beautiful and funny and sad story about an amazing man and I highly recommend it if you have not seen it yet.

Oh, and if you like cats, this movie will open your eyes to a lot of cat history.

4 comments:

  1. I do love cats and was so happy when I ran across this film.Noticed that B.C. was the lead and thought "can't go wrong". So glad that I did. Amazing movie. Inspired to watch it again this evening along with another one of my favorites, " Mrs.Paltry at the Claremont".. . Available on Prime What a great double bill!
    Should be:P a l f r e y Damn auto correct!
    Should be: P a

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course now I have to re-watch Mrs Palfrey tonight. Oh well.

      Delete
    2. I had forgotten what a special film Mrs. Palfrey is. Thanks for reminding me it was out there.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh
    I may put that on my to-watch list. Love Cumberbatch. He's kind of the 'quiet' sexy I like.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete