Sunday, October 16, 2022

 Well my eye is much better, I guess I should say healed but don't want to jinx anything. So, I can go back to normal. Of course, it is Sunday...the day of rest...so maybe I should use that excuse (like I need an excuse) and just take it easy.

I do have to take the trash out so that it will be there for them to pick up on Monday a.m. at about 5 a.m. and trigger the dogs to go ballistic. Other that that, there is nothing that can not continue to be put off.

I am right in the middle of a non-scientific experiment to validate what Quintin Crisp said when he wrote "why dust, it doesn't get any thicker after four years anyway". So there is that and I have a couple of years more to let this experiment run.

The next couple of days are supposed to be a lot cooler with potentially heavy rains. So it does not make a lot of sense to mow when it is just going to grow back faster. So I can put that off until probably mid-week next week.

I do have some serious obligations to finish... several books I have been reading that I need to finish so that I can begin my Fall/Winter goal of finally reading Proust. And there is Rings of Power on Prime that I need to re-watch from the beginning in a marathon binge to see if I can find all the breadcrumbs that were dropped during the regular season. And there is the amazing Interview With The Vampire on AMC that is proving to be a really well made show. And, they are also going to be doing The Mayfair Witches next year. I may just have to subscribe to AMC+ to guarante I don't miss any of those.

You might have noticed in the above that I am a satisfy your mind through your eyes (reading and watching) junky so it is even more obvious why a problem with my eyes yesterday was not only painful but frightening to me.

When I was young I held the belief that I was not going to live past 30 so I crammed in as much life in as I could. But, when I had my 30th birthday things changed and now here I am 74 years old and still going. Now my fears are that I will loose my eyes and hearing and not be able to read, watch things or hear music.

So, take good care of yourselves everyone. If you are younger than me don't follow my example unless you just want to live a long and happy life with a ton of memories to ride out your remaining days on.

2 comments:

  1. Same age as you.
    1968 was a wonderful year to be 20. We thought we were invincible.
    Now doing my best to live as long as my physical and mental health allows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all thought we'd never make it past thirty, so we did a couple of lifetimes in one.

    ReplyDelete