Thursday, October 27, 2022

 Remember back on the 15th how I woke up with a "scratch" to my right eye? Well this morning I woke up with the same thing in my left eye. Oh bother. I know it will heal but it sure puts a damper on my day.

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had several long conversations with people related to the spiritual nature of man, religion and religious components of life, the history of religion and the history of the church, and the tendency these days to want to soft-peddle anything related to religion in order to not offend anyone and to compete with what I call corporate christianity.

Well, among other things one person who has a pretty storng fundamentalist perspective told me I was a heratic. Another person, upon hearing that I was Gay told me I was an abomination. And, I had a serious debate with a Lesbian friend about me being a sexist because I continue to use words like female and women which have the words male and men in them so they are evidently offensive and are, in fact, triggers for anger within the more activist Lesbian community. Oh, and a even more interesting discussion with a minister that I know about how even identifying as a Christian, using the word Church and the symbols of religion constitute negative triggers in people so we should not use those terms. By the way, this minister no longer identifies as Christian but only as a follower of The Way out of fear of triggering a negative reaction in some people.

Theology, the study of the religious components of our lives, the spiritual nature of humanity, and the deconstruction of the etomology of language/words used in spiritual texts have always been a major interest to me. And, evidently that interest, what I have and am learning, how I view those areas both within my own life and the world at large make me a heratic and an abomination.

So, be careful reading my blog. There is a thing known as guilt by association afterall.

Me as a heratic...


Me, the abomination...


So, I guess my fate is set in stone and I am either condemned for all eternity or I am a part of an elite group that used to called a Devil's Advocate. Neither of which will change what I think, feel and believe or compromise in any way my faith in what I believe.

Maybe it is because we are comming up on Halloween. Have a wonderful day everyone of you.

4 comments:

  1. If someone called me an 'abomination' I'd show them the exit from my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Name calling and finger pointing seems to be the go-to reaction of those who insist on their own rightness and the wrongness of all that is not what they want it to be.

      Delete
  2. lol-- people are either nuts or broken. Whatcha gonna do ?? Many of my favorite people are abominations. LOL (I'm pretty cracked myself). lol

    ReplyDelete