Sunday, February 12, 2023

 Life is filled with glad time and sad times. My life is pretty evenly split between them both. Beginnin in Novermber of each year with the aniversary of when My Robert and I first met and running to the Day in July when we, many years later, got married. And, in between falls what was/is his birthday and the day on which he died.

The other half of the year is the not so sad time. The time I feel his absence and miss hearing his voice or feeling his touch.

But, most of the time, those times in between everything else, I live what anyone would consider a good life and am happy with my lot. That is more than many can say.

Today I was going to get up early and do laundry but I have taken on a new task every day. At 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. I take out the dog (named Tyger) of a lady that lives up on the third floor. She was sick for a couple of weeks a while back and just has not been able to get back to her old self. She is in her 90's and is the sweetest thing you could ever hope to meet. So, with my natural affinity to all dogs, it is a task that I enjoy.

So each day starts out with an early breakfast, feed and take out Timmy the go upstairs and take out Tyger. Then just sit and catch my breath for a bit. The end of each day is the same except dinner is in that part of the day.

Sunny and cool today. Might hit the low 60's. If there is not much wind I think Timmy and I may go for a nice long walk.

And, maybe sometime this afternoon, I might get around to doing some laundry. Now though I need to make my bed.

3 comments:

  1. Nice of you to walk her dog; it's a little thing to you, I imagine, but the world to her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I hope the lady on the third floor heals up. If you are not careful you could embark on another career as a dog walker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww
    *Hugs*. Life IS a compendium of happy and sad times, that's for real. We just have to make sure we remember that there's more of those happy days waiting to happen.
    And I agree with Lurkie: walking the doggie could be another career! LOL And the exercise is always welcome, no?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete