Sunday, February 5, 2023

 Sunny and warm today, this is the weather I prefer. Not too cold and not too hot. Perfect for sitting out in the sun or going for a stroll.

Now, a true and sincere thanks to all who have made suggestions for dealing with my pain. Tomorrow I will call the doctor and try to determine next steps. But for today, and actually starting yesterday, I have some relief...probably about a 70 percent reduction in overall pain...from CBD. Years ago my foot doctor gave me the option of a shot in my foot or CBD salve for an outbreak of Gout. I have never been a big fan of needles so went with the salve and, when I began to apply it the pain in my foot completely went away.

So, I called the shop where I get the salve. They are located in Early, Texas which is about 100 miles from me. We spoke and they suggested giving CBD gummies a try and are shipping some to me which should arrive Monday or Tuesday. But, they were concerned about the pain I was having in the meantime. So, they called a competing business located in Abilene where I live and had a CBD tincture delivered to me in less than an hour after our conversation.

It is a liquid and you put a dropper full of it under your tongue for a couple of minutes. I did as directed and within about 15 minutes the pain was reduced by about 70 percent. Last night I got the first really nice sleep I have had in over two months.

This morning I did another dose. They also suggested using some of the salve I use on my ankles and feet on my shoulder and neck which I will do after I take a shower and start getting ready for the day.

While doing all this I was having sort of flashbacks to the 70's having long hair and being in San Francisco. Of course I don't think anyone knew about CBD back then but we did pass joints back and forth with strangers while standing at a bus stop. No flowers in my hair but I did have a lot more back then and it reached my shoulders.

Now, just a heads up for anyone who is interested in my story which I have been writing over the past few days. Maybe this afternoon, perhaps tomorrow, I will continue the tale of me. Be forewarned though. The next chapter will have more to do with my transition to adulthood and meeting the love of my life. The changes all that provoked in my life and, in a nutshell, brought me to where I am today.

So, until next time, stay warm (I know some of you are in areas having the remainders of our cold snap), stay healthy and please, stay happy.

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear you've gotten some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good news. Hopefully, you will be able to use your shoulder more so you don't lose range of motion.
    jimmy

    ReplyDelete