Sunday, February 19, 2023

 Sunday and the weather is beginning to change to something I like. Today in the low to mid 60's and tomorrow the low 80's with nice warm days most of the week. I think the really cold days may be over for the time at least.

This morning I sorted out all my medications for the week. I tend to put it off until Sunday a.m. but when I get started I actually sort of drift into a sort of Zen. I actually have a pill box that can hold an entire month at a time but why...I just spread out the Zen by doing it weekly.

This week I have my dentist appt. on Tuesday. Not looking forward to that. I don't think I have any problems but I don't want to get into why I have not seen a dentist in several years either. Then, on Wednesday it is my foot doctor. I know he is going to get on me because of the way I eat and how that impacts my Diabetes and how that, combined with the Neuropathy, cause swelling in my ankles and feet. I have started using compression socks though since I found some that are low top and not to the knees. A lot easier to get on and off. Thursday is my first visit with Pain Management. I really hate to break it to them that the medical community has pretty much failed me on that score. And, how after almost four months of no relief I finally bit the bullet and that between CBD and Arnica I am able to manage most of the pain most of the time on my own. Now if they will just listen to me and do something about the pinched nerve.

Of course, I am just the patient. What could I possible know about a pinched nerve. Well, since I can both feel and hear the vertabra in my neck pop and crunch when I turn my head and since I can not really turn my head enough to see behind me and the electric current/tingle in my shoulder and arm...well, I think my diagnosis is pretty spot on.

If you have ever had TENS treatment for muscle problems or electric stimulation for muscle development you know what I am talking about when I say electric current. Sometimes it is just in my neck and sholder and sometimes it radiates all the way down my arms to my thumb and index finger leaving my entire hand numb.

Just fix me or leave me the hell alone is my new mantra.

But, all that said, life is actually pretty good. I have food, shelter and money in the bank. I need nothing that I don't already have with the exception of someone to hug or cuddle with and at my age and in my condition that is probably a good thing.

Hope you are all moving into the nice weather like we are and that you stay healthy, happy and at peace with the magnificant you that you are.

5 comments:

  1. When I worked in rehab, I worked with T.E.N.S units for low back/some shoulder pain, but not neck. Have you ever considered a second opinion? Doctors provide a service. No different from housekeepers. And, not every doctor graduated at the top of their class. Another thing is, your relationship with your doctor. Does he like you? Do you like him?? Very important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Timmy can't give hugs, but is he not a cuddler?

    I thought you said you were significantly younger than many of the other residents? Perhaps a sweet older lady will take a shining to you in the games room and invite you to play some games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God forbid. And, yes Timmy cuddles and even sort of hugs but it is just not the same for some reason.

      Delete
  3. Doctor is a young woman. She is really friendly and seems to like me but everyone, even before her, just listen to the pain being in my shoulder and don't seem to hear me say "and neck". We shall see what this week brings. I am rapidly loosing faith in the medical community. The seem to operate more on what I call the medical myth that they can cure you. Actually all they can do is mask symptoms, cut it off, or try to make you feel better until you either heal yourself or die.

    ReplyDelete