Thursday, February 23, 2023

 O.K. for all those who pointed out that my birth notice listed my father as W. N. Casey and that know me as Jon Newman...an explanation for clarification.

Many years ago my father and I had a falling out. I won't divulge the reasons but we did not speak for many years. In my anger, in my late teens, I filed the paperwork to change my name legally. But something in me could not completely let go of who I was. So his and my middle name became my last name. So Larry Newman Casey, the son of Wester Newman Casey, gave way to Jon Newman. 

Late in my father's life we were able to reconcile and make our amends to one another. But by that time I had been the me I had chosen to be for more years than I was the me I was born as.

So, there you have it. In the proverbial nutshell.

As of today I have had to change my dental appointment to next month due to confusion with the shuttle here that would take me there. Yesterday I went to my foot doctor appointment and waited almost two hours only to be informed that he had been called into emergency surgery and all apointments would need to be reschedued. But, today I did get into the appointment with the pain management people and have to say that I am hopeful. It will take some time and will involve another MRI this time on my neck. But there does finally seem to be some light at the end of the tunnel.

Now I am looking forward to having nothing on my calendar for the rest of the month.

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha
    Oh, people. You know they'll always find SOMETHING? But I love the story. Between us, I also use my mother's maiden name more than my fathers'. Just because I can.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, "Notthewiser" is a pretty distinctive surname. If that was my mother's maiden name I would consider using it too.

      Delete
  2. I thought you were never going to tell? Oh well.

    I personally feel conflict between gaylings and their fathers is not that unusual. I had something similar, but because I am stone-hearted I have not reconciled. I hadn't thought of changing my surname to "Newman" but it is an intriguing option.

    I find it interesting you changed your first name, too. I'll bet there is a story behind that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just never really felt like a Larry.

      Delete
    2. So, the rest of that story. The full new name became Jon Thomas Newman. Newman to keep a part of the me that was and Jon Thomas after the penis in Lady Chatterleys Lover. Yes, I name myself after a dick.

      Delete