Saturday, February 4, 2023

 Ready for today's tirade?

So the results of my MRI (which had me praying to just die and get it over with while in the MRI machine) came back and BEHOLD...I could not have a more normal sholder for a 74 year old. Just the arthritis, a little fluid in the joint but nothing to be concerned about. All in all a normal healthy sholder. SO WHY AM I IN SUCH PAIN CONSTANTLY?????

Of course there is no one to call until Monday and, I hope, by then I will have calmed down enough that I do not bite off the head of some innocent receptionist or nurse.

If this means that I am just going to have to learn to live with it I am not sure what I will do. Just learn I guess. Maybe, with time, the nerves will just get tired of signaling pain and shut up. I can only hope. Maybe there is some other procedure that I am not aware of. But if doctors of all types can not find anything wrong what is one to do?

So, I am not in the mood to write any more today about the me that was and became the me that is. Instead I am just going to sort laundry to do tomorrow while everyone is at church getting all redeemed and stuff. That and watch some stupid movies on Prime. Maybe go for a little walk if it warms up this afternoon.

My next step in pain management may have to do with so-called eatables. Don't know how legal they are in Texas but I do use a CBD salve for pain and swelling in ankles and feet. May just see how it works on sholders and necks.

Of course I could always just amputate my sholder and neck. Have my head planted right on my upper back and become one of Tennessee Williams' no neck monsters.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about the pain. Pain is the only thing people cannot see. Have you tried pot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pot always made me sick but I am leaning to trying CBD gummies if I can find anyone who knows about them and what I might try.

      Delete
  2. The way we deal with chronic pain in this society is criminal. My tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is that this is because the tests for pain are subjective. Hopefully some of the nice people at church tomorrow will send thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you've already addressed this, I apologize. Speaking from very unpleasant personal experience, neck and shoulder pain can result from muscles that are very tight and/or weak. Physical therapy combined with massage therapy can help a great deal. It's not a quick fix, but worth trying.

    ReplyDelete