Friday, March 24, 2023

 Got the results from my lung scan and I am going to live. There are two nodules. One has evidently been there for a while and has not changed so they say there is nothing to worry about with it. The other is new and just a smidge larger but does not at this time worry them. They say I will need to get the lung scan at least yearly for a while.

And, there is some arterial calcification that is new but they will probably just shove another stent in and that will be fixed.

I do still have the pain in my right shoulder but am adopting the attitude of an old dog and just trying to ignore the pain as much as I can until someone takes pity on me and does something. The new pain manegement doctor still has not responded to the referral and may not for a while. Evidently he is a very busy man.

We had some storms last night but not as bad as they had predicted. Most of the bad part passed us to the south and east. Today is supposed to be pretty windy though. But this is West Central Texas and we are famous for our winds.

Old Lurker posted a really good piece on his blog about Libraries today and, if you don't read him regularly I encourage you not to miss this one. It brought back to my mind the old movie with Bette Davis from 1956 so I looked to see where I could stream it. Well it is on Amazon Prime but not available in my area (don't know why not...perhaps our current political climate) and it is available on a streaming service called Fubi but they cost 75 bucks a month. I did finally find a copy on Youtube and watched it there for free with commercials. I had forgotten what an impactful film it was back in those days. It has a really tragic ending but more interesting is a scene where Davis is slapping around a kid which would never have been allowed in a make of the same film today.

I encourage you to watch it if you can. If nothing else watch the short clip on Youtube titled Storm Center One Book. Not only was this a moving movie at the time but is even more so in todays book burning and banning climate here in the southern part of he country.

Now I have to get busy. It is that day that happens twice a month when the cleaning lady comes to do my apartment and I have to clean this place up before she gets here.

Have a great day all.

3 comments:

  1. So glad the tests were good (or well, not horrible). I hope they manage that pain in the shoulder though. Ugh referrals...
    And I read Lurkie's post on libraries. I learned a lot (I always do, he's just too grumpy to post more often!) and I totally agree with him when he said Carnegie used them to brandwash his name. I used to go to all the Carnegie libraries when I lived in Pittsburgh.
    I have to find that Bette Davis film! (How come it's not available on Prime everywhere? Because Texas? Outrageous)
    Happy cleaning!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am shocked, shocked I say. I am a HUGE Bette Davis fan and I have never seen or heard of this film. I will have to head to YouTube and sit for a spell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess it is a wise strategy to behave like an old dog who is hiding his pain. Old dogs that demonstrate they are in pain often meet up with bad endings.

    If they found a spot that is growing then why would they make you wait a year before getting another lung scan?

    I had also never heard of this Storm Center movie. I guess the full version is here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033KVFJw_OU . Probably I will at least watch the clip. Yes, books on Communism are also ripe candidates for removal.

    Happy cleaning! I hope the cleaning lady is satisfied with your work.

    ReplyDelete