Wednesday, March 29, 2023

 A memory.

Years ago I was flying into Los Angeles. It was late at night and there had be rain that day in L.A. The air had been washed clean of all the smog and dust. As the plane was landing I looked out the window and it struck me that L.A. at night and all lit up was like some huge rinestone broach that was worn by a madam in a whore house pinned right between her breast. I was listening to the Barber Adagio on the head phones and the pilot must have been listening to the same music because he circled the airport and landed in time with the music. The wheels of the plane touched down at the exact moment of the peek of the Adagio.

It was the most wonderful flight I ever had.

So, what have I done so far this morning. Well, I put together a play list of nothing but Adagios and that is the state of my mind today.

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear.
    Blogger is eating my comments.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to worry. I found it in the comments list under New Post. And yes, an Adagio State of Mind all day long. Now, for some reason, I can't get to sleep. Oh my!

      Delete
  2. You'll always remember a perfect landing.

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete