Monday, March 20, 2023

 Just a bit of a ramble today.

Only thing on my calendar for today is a chest/lung scan at 3 this afternoon. I smoked for over 55 years and quit last December. This is some sort of scan they do on long term smokers who have quit to identify anything that may have happened. My annual chest xrays always come back clean so I am not anticipating anything out of the ordinary. But, just the process is a bit spooky. That something may have happened after quiting.

Other than that I am just taking it easy today. The weather is getting better, maybe we will finally move into Spring. One can always hope. I think it is coming close because I have been having cravings for watermellon and ice cream. I doubt that they are pregancy cravings.

High today in the mid to upper 50's and going up each day for at least a week. I have to get out my walking shoes. A nice walk with Timmy on a Spring day in the sun is always the best thing.

5 comments:

  1. While we are cold here this AM 927-degrees0 I think Spring is very close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the conversion formula for "927-degrees0"? Or, did Carlos just walk by and goose you while you were typing?

      Delete
  2. Yes, something could still happen even though you stopped smoking, but I hope nothing does. You are much calmer about the lung scan than I would be.

    A ramble sounds like an excellent idea today. I am stuck inside for much of the day, alas.

    Watermelon and ice cream sound like reasonable cravings. If you start craving pickles then maybe you should worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a 'lite' smoker from the age of 14. I quit 15 years ago. I still vape (which the doctors approved) but I also have a rescue inhailer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rambles are good.
    And you used to smoke? Whoa. I'm glad you're doing the scan, though. Better to catch anything than be oblivious...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete