Thursday, November 3, 2022

 Managed to make it to my AA meeting and on the way home the sholder pain was so bad I was actually crying over it. Not tears and sobs just massive amounts of water coming from my eyes. So, I pulled over and called my doctors office and, of course, they could not fit me in until Monday. I don't think i could have made it that long so I went to the ER and the new hospital in Coleman.

Turns out that my arthritis, which was located just in both sholder joints, had decided to reach out and join forces. I have arthritis all across my upper back including the cervical spine. So they gave me a steroid shot and some Flexeril and within 30 minutes I felt better. Still some pain but managable. Now I have to figure out what to do about the arthritis. Not much I don't think except pain killers. Guess it is time to hit Google and see what the Mayo clinic has to say.

Just nice to be able to move again without a bunch of pain.

3 comments:

  1. Very sorry to hear you've been in pain. Pain alone as well - horrible.
    Just educating myself on Abilene and its surroundings from here in the wonderful city of Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK - my adopted final home. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very glad you were able to access immediate care and got some relief. I have osteoarthritis in both ankles and haven't been able to walk a straight line in ages. Recently found your blog and have been checking in. Take care... Kris in Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some day I'll tell you the story of my sordid past (LOL). It includes almost body-wide arthritis and sucks big time. I make a drink called Golden Milk that helps a lot with all inflammation. It has turmeric and ginger in it. If you're interested, give me a holler and I'll give you the recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete