Saturday, November 19, 2022

 What a day it has been. It started out with tears and fears and feeling very much like a "beggars can't be choosers" kind of person. But it has ended up on the up side with me feeling a much higher level of peace than I have felt in a long time.

Between now and the first week of December I will be moving from our farm to a very small apartment in an independant living facility in Abilene. It is pretty expensive but I can afford it and it includes everything including meals, cleaning service, the even change the sheets on the bed.

My mother actually lived there for several years before she died back in 2019 and I walked in and the lady at the front desk said..."Jon we havn't seen you in years how have you been?" it is that sort of place. By the time we left I already had made 3 friends...older men on their own like I will be...and was put in contact with a man who is coming on Monday to identify all the furniture and small kitchen appliances, etc. that he can either sell or give away to people in need.

One possible problem is that in the transition I may not have internet service for a month or two so I may not be able to do what I do online except by my phone. So, if you do not hear from me or read something new here do not worry, it is just a transition period and will come to an end and I will be back in all my glory!!!

I do have to find homes for my two larger dogs but Timmy, my terrier, can stay with me and that will be a blessing. Now begins the task of identifying what I can take with me and getting rid of all the stuff I can't.

Please stick with me through all this, don't give up on me. I really appreciate you all and your comments and expressions of good wishes.

I never thought I would be starting an entirely new life journey at this point in my life but such it is and so be it.

Later everyone, stay warm and happy and full of peace.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you formed a plan and are ready for it. Good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read, but rarely post. I'm glad you found a positive solution to your living situation. It sounds like a good plan. I'm sorry you have to re-home your 2 larger dogs. Good news you can take the smaller one. Will you be selling the farm? You'll take the memories of the farm with you and be making new ones in a safer, more secure environment. New stories to tell. I think the less isolation is a positive thing all the way around. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will not be selling the farm but letting the mortgage company foreclose on it. It was purchased on Robert's VA Benefits at a time that marriage equality was not recognized. Several attempt over the years to get me on the deed which would have enabled me to sell it failed due to the prejudices that some people have. So, as awful as it may sound to some, that is on them. They are in Calif. and will have to jump through all sorts of hoops to unload it and I do not feel at all bad about that. Hopefully I will be able to post from my phone, we shall see, but eventually I will have internet again and "I shall return" just keep checking

      Delete