Wednesday, January 18, 2023

 Got my xrays yesterday. Not the most plesant experience having to contort my sholder in all sorts of unnatural ways when that is the part that hurts most. But managed to do it. I looked online this a.m. and the results are there. Nothing I did not already know. But at least now there are xrays so maybe the insurance company will approve an MRI to check for a pinched nerve. If not I will just go to a bone and joint doctor and max out all my credit to pay for it.

My grandfather hated insurance. Said they were nothing but legalized protection rackets. Sort of like the mob not bombing your store if you paid them up front not to do it. I think he may have been more right than not. Seems like as time passes all those old folks from my youth had a not more wisdom than given credit for.

Our weather is in a colder mode now for a few days with some chance of rain. We need the rain but I could do without the cold. This old body just does not get on well with cold, especially damp cold.

The other day I got chilled so I cranked up the heat to 78 for about 5 minutes. What a pleasure to do that knowing I did not have to pay the utility bill.

Sitting here now, looking around my little home and wondering what I can do to make it more me. Can't come up with a single idea. So may just go with the poor starving artist motif.

5 comments:

  1. I hope that includes the aroma of oils and acrylics. That was be a real turn on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a painter but am working ot the great American novel which is, of course, based on my life. They say to write about what you know.

      Delete
    2. Oh!...You mean like "Lolita". *grins*

      Delete
    3. You don't live your entire life as a Gay man, reach my age, and not have some stories to tell. Afraid it may make Lolita read like a childrens book.

      Delete
  2. Oh, insurance is a scam. HUGE scam. Hate them.
    Hopefully they'll pay and you won't have to max the credit card. As for your house, you have to go over your stuff and put up what means most to you, something like the house I showed today in the blog. A few plants, some artwork and some cushions and you'll be set :-)

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete