Sunday, January 1, 2023

 CHAPTER 2023

And so it begins. A new year, a sort of new life, a new me in many ways. What it will bring, where it will lead, only the gods know and they are remaining, as usual, quiet.

Out with the old as they say. The old house that was impossible to heat or cool, the wonderful yet much to large farm for one old man to take care of properly, the time spent wondering how I was going to make it another month and remain sane. And now, in with the new. The new and much simpler living situation, the living of a life where almost everything is taken care of (for a price) and where all I really have to worry about is how to fill my days. The new and more active me depending on my own two feet instead of an automobile to get around and do the things I am fond of doing. Sadly there is no movie theatre or library within walking distance, but there is everything else that I could possibly want or need.

The ending of 2022 proved that life is not, in fact, my enemy but my friend who will provide if I let it. The hard part for me is just letting go and letting life happen. I have learned that in the past I spent way too much time trying to manipulate life into something that I wanted it to be and failed more often than not.

So, out with all the old and most of the past. The only thing that I will carry with me into this new life adventure is the memory of the enduring love of a wonderful man who was taken way before his time and, in my mind, reduced the status of the entire universe. But, I know now that it is really more than just a memory and is in fact a wondeful treasure that I have been blessed with and will carry with me for the rest of time.

Yes I have some challenges. I have badly controlled high blood preasure, neuropathy in both legs and feet, arthritis in just about every joint, an anurysm on my aorta that the insurance company says is still to small to correct, Barretts Esophagus which on occassion tries to choak me to death, uncontrolled Type 2 diabetes...uncontrolled partly because I don't eat right, and my vision is not what it used to be but that will be corrected in April with a new eye glasses prescription, and lord only knows what they may discover going forward. But all in all I am not in really bad shape given all that I did in my youth that brought me to this point.

I am a container of wonderful memories and that can never be taken away from me nor will I ever try to forget them. They are who I am in many ways and that is just how it is.

So, as we venture into the exciting life ahead in 2023 I wish you all the best, the happiest, the most wonderful life that you can manage. Happy New Year to you all.

3 comments:

  1. HNY Jon!
    Cheers to a New year and a New Start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am a container of wonderful memories and that can never be taken away from me nor will I ever try to forget them. They are who I am in many ways and that is just how it is."

    This is so fucking beautiful!

    Happy brand new 2023! Here's for finding out the ailments can be controlled and that there's a mobile library parked nearby.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and great attitude. Though your list of ailments gave me a chuckle as I think most come with age. I share them with you.
    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete