Saturday, January 7, 2023

 I have never been particularly fond of change. Status quo is my preference. But the past couple of months have been jam packed with change in my life. First changes to my health that brought about the need for change to my living circumstances. All the changes that were involved in moving from a 3k sq ft house into a much much smaller little apartment. Changes in my companionship, dogs and people, that I have to admit still haunt me today but were necessary for all concerned. Changes that mask themselves as adjusting to my new life path most of which are good but I do tend to isolate so there is that and I have to find ways to overcome and become more of a social animal...YUK!!!

Most confusing, for me, have been the changes I have had to make where my health care is involved. Changing from my doctor of many years in a small four doctor practice where everyone knew you to now a massive health care organization called Hendrick Health Care where you seldom actually get to talk to a real live person. Lots of voice mails left most of which are never returned. Changes from my pharmacy, Owl Drugs in Coleman, TX where, again, they know you and  call you by name to a small local chain pharmacy where they do things not the same as what I am used to. Confusions as to what medications I take and how often which are still being sorted out between the pharmacy and the doctors and their nurses.

I COULD JUST SCREAM!!!!!

But, when all is said and done, I really don't have any complaints. I am comfortably warm on cold days, comfortably cool on hot days, have a nice (though tiny) place to live with my belongings and my precious Timmy the Terrible Terrier constantly at my side. And, this coming Monday he will finally be getting groomed. If he survives that trauma and the groomer does not just give up on him then all will be good on that score.

Some of the changes have been, and continue to be, for the better. I am eating better than I have in a couple of years. I am getting rid of some fat around the middle as a result and I do feel the benefits. I do walk a lot more than I used to. Not only taking Timmy out several times a day but also just going out for a walk at least twice daily weather permitting. I have narrowed my belongings down to what I need with a smattering of what I want and not just filling my space with impulse buys.

Like the song says "There'll Be Some Changes Made Tomorrow,There'll Be Some Changes Made."

So, from my little corrner of the world (note I no longer say my little corner of paradise...that was the farm and continues to be that in my mind.) From my little corner of the world things are not all that bad. Just lots of adjustments and that is what life and growth is all about. So I reach out to all of you and send virtual hugs. Know that you are each a very important and treasured part of the life I live these days. Be happy, be healthy and be the best that you were always meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment