Sunday, December 4, 2022

 I  said I would be back and I am. All moved into the new City and new Apartment. A major change I admit but so far I like it here. And, as if to prove beyond any doubt that I may have still had, as we were moving things into the new place I stepped off a curb on my weak ankle and promptly fell to the ground and needed help getting back up. Nothing broken except the skin on my right knee and what little pride I had left. But they do say "pride commeth before a fall" and I certainly proved that.

The first day here I went to the little cafe we have here and had lunch. It is all open seating, nothing assigned, and I sat an an empty table. A lady sat in one of the other chairs. It was just the two of us and we ate and chatted. Then she said "don't look but everyone is staring at us". Guess she (a long time resident) and I (the new guy on the block) sitting together and talking triggered all sorts of gossip. When I finished my meal and got up to leave I smiled at her and said I was sorry if I had damaged her reputation, with a little wink and a smile. She said not to worry, she needed the attention.

The only problem so far is that when I leave the apartment and leave Timmy behind he barks and it just echos down the hallways. I am hoping he will adjust and calm down with the knowledge I will always return. Or, there may be trouble with neighbors...so far nothng except how cute he is...but I know it is bothersome. So, at least for the time being I will take him with me if I can and leave him in the car. That, however, will not be an option when, and if, it ever starts getting warm again. He does enjoy our potty walks and just regular walks around the building and the block. He, alone with me now, gets all the attention and he just eats it up. So, I suppose I need to post a picture of Timmy the Terrible Terrior my little Rag-A-Muffin Man.

So, there you have it. I still have to unpack and put things away, but I am here. I slept on the mattress on the floor last night since my new bedframe is not due to be delivered until tomorrow. I am just glad that no one could see me trying to get up off the floor in the middle of the night to go pee.

Now, it is Sunday, and I am planning on going to church today, that means Timmy will be in the car for about an hour. I will leave early, more than anything else, I just want to hear our speaker today in person finally and not online down in Coleman.

And so he advenure has begun. I still need to get my own designated internet access. I am currently leaching off the building internet and that does not make me feel secure. And, I wish it was Spring so our walks could be longer and more far ranging. But, that will come soon enough.

Now, each of you, have a beautiful Sunday. A bit chilly here today with highs near 60. But this coming week temps are supposed to be in the mid to high 70's so that part of my dreams of our future is coming true.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're getting settled nicely, which is good to know. And as for the barking, I find the only barking dog that bothers me is my dog when he barks. I think he'll settle down and the neighbors will not even notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More and more places allow dogs on leashes, in carriers, etc to accompany their owners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new home sounds like a nice solid place to begin the next chapter of life. Food, company when you want it, someone to pick you up off the ground when you trip and fall. Not sure what the answer to owning a dog is going to be; never owned one, only ever had silent independent cats.

    ReplyDelete