Tuesday, December 6, 2022

 All unpacked and don't have any idea where anything is. I do know where my coffee cup is and that is one of the most important things to keep track of. Timmy is getting settled in. He still barks when I leave the apartment which I am praying will lesson with time. He is settled in enough to just kick back and rest.


And, yes he needs to be groomed. It is just finding a groomer that will put up with his shenanagans, growling and fighting the groomer's every move. All my fault for not socializing him more. But, when he came to us years ago he only had the exposure of me, Robert and the other dogs. So his comfort level around other people is going to be a slow grow.

But, this morning, I went to get coffee and for the first time he did not cry and bark while I was gone. So, there is hope.

My adjustments are, in there own way, as serious as are his. I am more socialized but not really an extrovert. So, I have to make an effort to be social with my residential neighbors. They are, for the most part, all really friendly and helpful. And, the food here is actually pretty good. 

It looks more and more like I am going to have to give up driving. It is more and more difficult for me to turn my head to see behind when I am changing lanes and the "drop foot" is only getting worse and, of course, it is my right foot which needs to be able to know when it is on the gas and/or brake. One nice thing about this place is that it is an easy block or two walk from just about anything you could want. Except that there is no movie theatre nearby. But I have more than enough streaming available.

Now for the big news. I won 7 dollars in the lottery last night. So I can finally buy that yacht I have had my eye on.

The weather for the next couple of months looks promising. Nice but cool days, lots of sun. Some overnights that will freeze but the days will be nice. Of course, this is Texas, so that is all subject to change in a heart beat.

Hope you all have a great week. Rest, take care of yourself and your loved ones, be happy and at peace.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yay!
    And one of the things that give me anxiety is moving and not knowing where anything is. It's all so new and unfamiliar! And the doggie will get used to the new place, too. Take him out for short walks. The Frenchie I dogsit used to be a nightmare with cars. After getting used to her walks she does not dash under their wheels anymore.
    As for driving, what a bummer! But hey, you're close to everything. Changes, no?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to read this, and so nice to hear about the yacht!!!

    ReplyDelete