Thursday, July 28, 2022

 It is almost 2 a.m. Sara woke me at the stroke of midnight wanting to go out. I admit I was tempted to just ignore her but knew I did not want to deal with the results in the morning if I did so I got up. She went out, did her duty and came right back in. 



 I was wide awake at that point and am still. This does happen on occasion. They want to go out and I cannot get back to sleep. Usually resulting in a day with lots of napping on and off. Normally that would be ok but I had plans to do a lot of housework today and those will probably be delayed for another day. Not an unusual occurrence with me I admit.

Now, sitting here in the quiet, Sara has made a nest in my bedding and sleeps snugly there, and I contemplate my lot in life. Not, I admit, a good idea when you really are wishing you were asleep but not sleepy. 

But contemplate I do and try to be honest with myself. There really is nothing wrong here that is not of my own doing (how is that for being mature). My finances are a mess but I am working to get that taken care of. I finally paid off Robert's car and now have to jump through all the State of Texas hoops to get the title transferred to my name. They do not make it easy or cheap but it is something that needs to be done.

Something else I have had on my mind now and then that is related to my Facebook page which can be found on Facebook as jon.newman.7792052. Why is it that I get all sorts of likes and shiny hearts and clever comments when I post a silly meme that I stole from some other web site but if I post something with any degree of seriousness it goes totally ignored and uncommented?

I suppose that people just sort of gravitate to things that make they smile or laugh or just feel better in general but things that challenge them and make the think or have to evaluate their beliefs make them uncomfortable and they just choose to either ignore them or pretend that they are not there.

Now I have moved into my bonus bandwidth time on HughesNet (my internet service provider) so I think I will sit down and watch a movie and not use my regular bandwidth. But first I will shave and take a nice hot shower to help relax. Who knows, maybe I will fall asleep in my recliner in front of the TV like I do most of the time anyway.

You all, please stay safe, stay healthy and happy, keep hydrated in this heat and remember, there is no better person than you.

No comments:

Post a Comment