Saturday, July 23, 2022

 Well I have been quiet for a week, sorry for that. I had an emotional week, the anniversary of my marriage to Robert which I celebrate even if he is no longer here. But, I tend to get emotional in that time period and my habit is to just isolate. So, that is what I have been doing.

And, speaking of emotional, I have a movie to recommend. It is a British film released this year (2022) and in English. Available on the Dekkoo channel on Prime here in the US. Hope it is available everywhere as well. It is titled YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE. It is possibly the most beautiful love story/film I have ever seen. Just a heads up though. If you watch it and are inclined as am I then keep a box of tissues at hand.

Now for the weather report. Another day in the 100+ degree range. Long range forecast do not show any relief before mid-August and then only into the mid to high 90's until October. So hell on earth continues in West Texas...and pretty much the entire country. Triple digit temps are even being forecast for the North East and New England states this weekend.

Today I am going to work really hard at finishing what I did not do yesterday by doing even less of it today.

So, on that note, go forth, do as little as you can in good conscience get away with and stay cool, well hydrated and happy.

3 comments:

  1. Hope your electric grid holds up in Texas. I am also one who gets haunted by anniversaries. Hang tuff!
    I can't find a "Follow" button on your site. I would follow you if I could find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the follow button on my Facebook page for some reason that disappeared several months ago and I do not have the tech savvy to figure out how to get it back. If you like you can message me in Facebook and I will Friend you.

      Delete
    2. Figured out how to do a Follow button here so you should be able to follow me now if you like.

      Delete