Wednesday, September 21, 2022

 Yesterday turned out to be a good day. My doctors appointment (Podiatrist) went well. As a Diabetic I keep close tabs on my feet and was please to be informed that I will live to walk again for a while. Some increase in the Neuropathy in both legs and feet but noting of real concern at this point.

Then the ride home I managed to not buy complete collections of a stores used books and ended up with only three volumns to add to my library.

One a small pocket sized New Testament in Japanese that was distributed to Japanese American held in internment camps (the American version of a prison camp) during the Second World War. Cost me a whopping 50 cents so I could not pass on it even though I don't read Japanese.

Then a hard back published in 1995 of Nicholas A. Basbanes' A Gentle Madness, Bibliophiles, Bibliomanes, and the Eternal Passion for Books. This replaces the paperback that I have had for a while and while it did set me back a massive 15 dollars it will be a welcome addition to my addiction.

Finally, also published in 1995, a hardcover copy of Ingathering Zenna Henderson The Complete People Stories. I am a big fan of Zenna Henderson and will buy one of her books anytime I find one available. They are becomming more difficult to find. I don't know if they are just being tossed out by people or are making their way into collections. I hope the latter. This one hit be for 25 bucks but it was/is worth that and more to me.

Then as a late lunch early dinner I had a sandwitch of ham, extra sharp cheddar, tomato, onion and homemade mayonase on toasted Chibata bread (currently my favorite bread).

All in all a great day for this little old man up the lane.

2 comments:

  1. I love this description: "a welcome addition to my addiction"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lunch/dinner was a wonderful ending for a perfect day. Hope that the remainder of the week is just as good.

    ReplyDelete