Tuesday, September 20, 2022

 So today is a doctors appointment in Brownwood 50-60 miles to the southeast. It is a nice drive though. Small towns with antique shops and galleries every 8 miles or so. I don't budget the time to stop on the way but allow myself that luxury on the return trip. Several of the shops have pretty decent used book collections to go through and I always end up with several volumes that for some reason I just can't live without.

Dogs and birds are fine, lawn is mowed but still need edging (maybe tomorrow) house is begging me to vacuum and dust (again maybe tomorrow).

Notice how everything is "maybe" tomorrow. It is a level of lazy that I have become comfortable with until the ghost of Robert whispers "just man up and do it" and I do as I am told.

Weather is hot again, high 90's for the week and into next. Fall may officially be here but it is taking it's time in making itself known.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pleasant drive home with a few nice stops.
    I'm pretty good at the "maybe tomorrow" as well.
    We have been a little cooler the last few days but are heating up until Friday when it gets a little chilly; I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete