Sunday, September 18, 2022

 Well, after weeks of heat and drought followed by between 8 and 10 inches of rain my grass is thriving as are the weeds. So, this morning was spent mowing. The battery on the riding mower was dead so I had to dig out Robert's charger and was surprised that it worked and I did not blow up the mower. But, it is done until the next time.

Tomorrow I will let the chickens and ducks out into the larger run which is all overgrown with weeds and full of small grasshoppers so they will probably run their little legs of having a feast. Getting them back in the coop in the evening may be a challenge since they have not had the large run for exercise in over a year and may just decide they like it.

I am trying, yet one more time, to quit smoking. I have done the patches, the gum and a drug called Chantix all with no real success. But this time I am trying Vaping. It seems to be working even though it continues my addiction to Nicotine it does give my body the chance to expel all the carbon dioxide (carbon monoxide?) I have accumulated over 60 years of being a smoker. Will be nice to have the 2 or 3 hundred dollars I spend on cigarettes a month and I might even be able to afford to move into town early next year if it works.

My target is one of the two old and restored hotels that have been converted to apartments in downtown Abilene. Downtown living appeals to me and all the shortcomings of apartment living will be made less by not having a yard to take care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment