Tuesday, September 6, 2022

 This morning I am in a mood. The universe does not seem to have it in mind that I am actually at it's center and it is failing in satisfying my wants and needs. I on occasion buy lottery tickets and while statistically I should now and then at least win a couple of bucks I usually do not even have one matching number. I suspect that it is God's way of letting me know that that is not the way to my future. But, how else will I ever have the money to buy and remodel the house I am going to die in?

There is some hope of a little more money in my future And in the life of every other person who gets a Social Security check every month. One is the "You Earned It You Keep It" act that would make Social Security retirement payments tax free. It has a long and hard battle ahead and will probably never pass but it would ad a couple of hundred bucks a month to my income. The other is, and I know this is an almost sick hope, the Cost of Living Adjustment or COLA that comes every year. Usually only a few dollars monthly and never offsets the cost increase in Medicare Part B premiums. But if the economy continues to be caught up in its current Inflationary spiral it might trigger a COLA of about 200 dollars a month. Of course most of that would be consumed by the increases in prices for everything from bread to housing.

But, I have to be honest and say I am able to make ends meet each month. Sometimes it involves the old "robbing Peter to pay Paul" but it has become my way of life and I am most often comfortable with it.

We have finally had a break in all the super hot weather and over the past week even had almost 8 inches of rain. Things have become green again and the grass is growing. So, sometime this week, I will have to mow or risk all the problems that come with an overgrown yard. The big field I hire someone to mow with their tractor a few times a year so I have to start budgeting for that. Chickens, Ducks, Bantams and Dogs are all healthy, happy and fat. They too are manifesting my own plumpness that has come with age.

Sorry for just "letting it all hang out" today but, like I said, I am in a mood. Any you, lucky reader, get to be the recipient of that. Have a great day, enjoy your life, it usually is a lot better than we think.

1 comment:

  1. You gotta be able to vent and vent you did. I imagine it felt a little better getting it all out.
    We haven't been too hot this summer, or at least not so hot for long stretches, and have had many days of some good rains, but the pessimist in me is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

    ReplyDelete