Saturday, April 1, 2023

 Here it is almost noon on April 1st 2023 and it has suddenly dawned on me that it is also April Fools Day. I am afraid that I took the hook, bait, line and sinker on what I hope to be Lurkies April Fools day posting and that he really has no intention of deleting everything and just turning into some sort of foggie memory for us mortals.

When I read his post this a.m. I immediately caught the Dark Shadows hint but then, like so much of his postings do, it took on a much more serious tone. So, yes, I fell for it (notice Lurkie I fell for the post and not the poster...you turd).

Now feeling appropriately the fool I sit here and pout.

This is, afterall, social media and it is a place where we associate with one another and, in our own ways, be social.

If they took away this blogger environment I would be heart broken to no longer have the virtual  conversations I have with Lurkie and Bob and his Carlos and Sixpence and Jimmy so many others that I also just lurk about daily and absorb what they say and write. But I am just a youngster having been an active participant in the blogscape for only a couple of years. So I would adjust and find other dark shadowy corners of the internet to skulk about I am sure.

We are, afterall, a community of folks that gather together to share so much in such ways that we may never do in face to face polite company.

That said I hope that you all have/are having a great April Fools day and that the jokes are many and that many of them are on you. Now I will go back to pouting and just sit alone in my little room here at the home until the sun comes up tomorrow and the world returns to it normal misserable self.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for saying you'd miss me. lolol.....However, on Gay Twitter I get 'hit on' at least three times a day thru DMs. I am the slut I always wanted to be there! (as long as twitter lasts) lmgao.

    For dinner tonight, I'm cooking a leg of lamb, parsnips and roasted potatoes. The chocolate souffle will bake as we're eating the main course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What time should I be there, can I bring anything?

      Delete
  2. I have not been fooled today ... at least not that I know about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always join Facebook. You can have lots of interaction there, provided you don't care about your blood pressure.

    Yes, I am considering shutting things down. But there is another layer to yesterday's post. We will see whether it reveals itself or not.

    I hope you enjoyed dinner at Jimmy's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a Facebook account, have had it for years, just not the same. The caliber of folks here is far above those on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete