Sunday, April 16, 2023

 It usually takes a bit to truly gross me out and I admit to having eaten things in the past that I would not allow in my kitchen these days. But this absolutely takes the cake. It is a real product that you can buy at what is probably a reasonable 24 bucks a can.

I would have to be totally wonked out on the highest octane moonshine to even consider putting this in my mouth.

Another beautiful day here in West Texas. Not too hot, not too cold, sunny and nice. May encourage a little walk this afternoon...we shall see.

I finished bingeing All Creatures Great and Small on PBS Masterpiece and can hardly wait for season four to become available. I also bought the books and am reading them. They are equally as good as the series, not better, not worse, but very good in their own right.

Now if I could just figure out why my "smart" TV keeps dropping the wi-fi connection about half way through a program I would be happy. It only just started doing this the past week or two. I don't know enought about televisions to even try to guess. But it is nearing the level of frustration where I usually just toss it and buy a new one. And if I end up doing that I will probably move on up to the 60 inch or larger which I really do not need.



3 comments:

  1. LOL...Gross! I admit to eating barbecued racoon (road kill). Not bad. The smart TV when on broadband doesn't record tv shows you want either! Damn!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better creamed possum than creamed skunk, in my opinion.

    I presume you cannot get a wired connection to the TV? That tends to be more reliable than wifi. I would also confirm that the internet works on your computers when it is conked out on the television.

    If the series is really about ALL creatures great and small you probably have many many more seasons to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Computers still stay connected. I did a little research and since the wi-fi is shared by the residents and there have been a lot of sports lately the shared signal gets weak and drops out is what it seems to be. So a new and larger TV is probably not in the future. The show is based on books that were written after WWI and up to WWII. There is a production made in the 70's available on BritBox but that is too expensive. The one I am watching is on Prime/PBS Masterpiece.

      Delete