Thursday, April 27, 2023

 Well it looks like our roller coaster has come to a hault. This week the temps are consistently in the mid 70's to high 80's which will feel much better to this old body.

Just gave myself my Trulicity shot and am ready to begin my day. Breakfast, a few walks, some outdoor fun with Timmy, maybe begin reading Love's next Meeting: The Forgotten History of Homosexuality and the Left in American Culture.It is only about an inch thick but it is really heavy and has small print that fills up each page. Not like some books that have double spacing and larger print withwide margins so they can make you think it is a big book when really it is little more than a novella.

I did finally break down and had my own internet installed yesterday. Now I have he Giga-bit speed that I want on all my devices and television. It will be an added monthly expense and I will have to give up something else to cover it in my budget, probably no more (or a lot less) Door Dash meals. Have to just eat what they offer in the dining room each day and be happy with it. They always have two entrees, vegies, breads and something sweet. And available everyday hamburgers, salads, fruit plates, etc. So there is no reason to not  enjoy what is actually included in my monthly rent already.

They make a pretty decent iced Tea which is a requirement in Texas. I prefer mine unsweet.

Now, into the day ahead. Have a great one everyone.

5 comments:

  1. It can be hard to know what to give up.
    I gave up Ancestry as I reckon I know enough about my ancestors now.
    I'm better off living in the here and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh nice!
    We are in the upper fifties and climbing. That means more dandelions in my little garden but I will welcome the nice weather.
    And that book sounds great! BTW, your local library can get you large print format books if you cannot find them easily. That's how I read all the bestsellers when there's a waiting list: I ask for the large print edition LOL.
    And I'd rather have high speed internet than doordash, to tell you the truth. Especially with those choices at the place where you live. I swear I'd live off fruit salads and burgers LOL. Doordash would be nice for a celebration, though...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cool here in Oregon but warmer at home for Carlos.
    I have never used a food delivery service but I think I'd get more use out of high-speed internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's for the best that you not be drinking too much sweet tea, especially given the Trulicity.

    Having to make these kinds of tradeoffs sucks. I hope you do not feel too deprived losing your DoorDash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could realistically live here month by month without spending a single penny. But I will miss having what I want to eat when I want to eat it instead of the options they offer in the dining room

      Delete