Wednesday, July 12, 2023

 SECOND POST OF THE DAY: An Unexpected Gift, Blessing, Joy

I just posted this to my Facebook page and wanted to share it with you all. So, someone who works here where I live brought me some old records knowing that I bought a Victrola and a bunch of albums. She thought I would enjoy them. I brought them to my room and started going through them. And in them was this. I took it back up to her and explained that it was worth money. She said she did not care about that, just that it was with someone who would care for it and keep is safe and really really enjoy having it. And, boy was she right. There are a lot of first releases of not only Striesand (many attached to memories that brought me to tears), but also Croche, Chicago, the Eagles, and more. I have been really enjoying this time down memory lane with some beautiful music. God smiled on this little puppy once again. And, it is too bad I am not 50 years younger I think I could really get behind doing drag to some of these tunes...and ban's on Drag be damned.

Label on clear heavy rubber/plastic cover


Side A


Side B (original version plus studio version)





6 comments:

  1. OMG what a find!
    I love how she knew you'd enjoy them. I sometimes wonder who'll end with my collection LOL.
    BTW, Drag is cathartic.


    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you or your collection ever need a home feel free to just show up at my door.

      Delete
  2. Nice that she found someone who would cherish the music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drag huh. Well,why don't I catch a redeye down to you. we will hang out drinking, and listening to some Julie London, get you to learn the tunes you want... and I get you in drag...I deem you my daughter as Carmen Gettit! Welcome to the House of Borghese, the House of high hair and gin fueled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are sending you flowers, vinyl albums, weekend propositions... clearly you are a very popular fellow!

    ReplyDelete