Tuesday, June 13, 2023

 Well I am completely confused by our weather. We are in a heat wave with temps predicted to be 100 and above for the next week or two. Yesterday it was predicted to be 105 but mid day a huge thunder storm came up and it poured. The result, we barely hit 80 by nightfall. Timmy likes it, he just does not like walking on the wet ground.

They delivered both my Echo Show 8 and my recliner yesterday. I got the Echo set up with no problem at all. It's wake work is Computer and my Echo Dot's wake word is Alexa. Right now I am listening to the Amazon Music channel Meditation. As for the recliner, well, I got it out of the box and had it together in about 20 minutes (I do have some butch skills afterall). I had to rearange the apartment to get it where I wanted it. Went to fix a cup of coffee and sit down and enjoy my new chair. But I could not. It was already occupied.


We have negotiated and it is agreed that Timmy can sleep in the chair, which he did last night leaving me all alone in the bed. It was lonely, I have not had a body (even Timmy's little body curled up against the back of my neck) next to mine in a long time. Guess I will just have to adjust. But, in addition, if I want to sit in the chair and lean back he is allowed to jump up and sleep in my lap. He used to do this all the time out on the farm and he is really happy to have things the way they should have been all along.

Right now it is 73 degrees (it is a little after 4 a.m.) and the high is only predicted to be in the low 90's but with all the rain yesterday the heat index is supposed to be 103. What a joy it is to live in West Texas where Summer begins before Spring is finished.

I read that there is an emoji floating around that has the LGBTQ+ flag with a cancel sign on it (circle with a diagonal slash through it) supposedly released by Apple. This is evidently not true but the image has been released on the internet and you can bet that those religious bigots and white nazi nuts will start using it. So, this is how a rumor becomes reality. Anytime I see it online I will block that site immediately.

Have the most wonderful day you have ever had. Tell that special person in your life that you love them and that they are worthy of all the best that life has to offer. And, if like many of us, there is no special person in your life right now, look in the mirror and tell yourself how important you are and that you love you.


8 comments:

  1. I suspect Timmy will return to sleeping with you once the novelty of The Big Chair wears off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is pretty head strong so if it happens I will be happy but I am not going to hold my breath.

      Delete
  2. How thoughtful of you to buy Timmy a new chair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was not my intent but glad I could make him happy.

      Delete
  3. Strange weather here, too. It's mid July and we have yet to break out of the 90s. For the past week, we've barely broken INTO the 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Found it here you go. Rest assured that I am always ready and willing to help you find what ever you need. (blush, blush)

      That weather is crazy!
      I cannot believe the heat index can get that extreme! It's 57 degrees right now here and it's kinda humid because it's been drizzling all morning. Very spring-like.
      And that doggie is too cute! He'll be back to sleeping in your room soon. Doggies LOVE sleeping in people's bedrooms.
      As for the emoji, it's probably a hoax. Remember, we cannot believe 70% of the things we hear/see online...

      XOXO

      Delete
    2. the emoji is/was a hoax but it is now out there in multiple iterations. I would be surprised if the dick heads on this planet are not already useing it.

      Delete