Thursday, June 22, 2023

 Yesterday afternoon I got a call from the front desk to inform me that there was a delivery for me. Now, I was not expecting anything so was a bit confused but went up front to see what it was. I actually had the thought that it might be a summons or some sort of legal paperwork. But this is what was there:


Now I was even more confused. Why would anyone send me such a beautiful bunch of flowers? The card that came with it was typed and said only "Just wanted to remind you that you are a loving, compassionate person." That was all, no signature, no name, nothing else. We called the florist and they told us that the flowers were purchased with cash and anonymously. That the message was typed exactly as requested and that there was intentionally no signature.

So, if any one of the folks who read this blog sent then, or if someone out there just sort of likes me and the person I strive to be, THANK YOU. It really put a new spin on what had turned out to be a Murphy's Law sort of day.

6 comments:

  1. Oh! How sweet. Maybe you have a secret admirer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well whoever they are they chose to not be named on the enclosed card. So they are certainly a secret.

      Delete
  2. Awwww
    So sweet! And the flowers are beautiful!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it possible they're from the man that tried to come to your door one night for a hookup when his wife was out of town? Do any bloggers even have your information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In todays world anything is possible. I suppose a determined person could dig and find me. I have, afterall, posted my tour of my home that reveals where I live to anyone who is familiar with Abilene. I doubt it is from my nightime visitor with the traveling wife though. He does not seem to be the flower sending sort of person.

      Delete