Saturday, June 10, 2023

 Just a quick update on my visit to the Cardiologist. 

I got there at the appointed time and sat waiting for almost an hour. Then they called me up and told me my doctor was in emergency surgery and rescheduled my Echo for July 5th. I am hoping that rescheduling me so far out means that there is nothing serious they were looking for.

My heart doctor it the "go to" emergency heart surgeon here in Abilene. Very much in demand and very good at what he does. He is a little short Sikh man who always has on a turban. When I first met him I was not sure of what to expect. But over the years he has "saved my life" more than once. So he could be a little grey baboon with a bright red and blue butt for all I care.

I did finally get a referral to an Endochronoligist to begin work on why my blood glucose is so out of control. That is coming up in a couple of weeks. An appointment with my Gastroenterologist to go over the results of my Endoscopy and an appointment with my Podiatrist to deal with issues of the neuropathy in my legs and feet. It is my hope that the neuropathy can be somehow dealt with so that I can maybe start driving again. Of course I sold my car months ago and would need to buy another one if I can somehow manage the financial end of things.

When My Robert died I just let myself fall apart physichally and am now trying to put all the parts back  together again. It is a hard task but one that I hope will be worthwhile. If I am nothing else let me be an example of what not to do as you age.

I send you all wishes for the best of health and as much virtual love as I can muster. Be happy and look for the joy in life. It is a worthwhile effort.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Waiting an hour only to be told your appointment is cancelled sucks.

    I do hope you get the blood sugar thing figured out. That's really worrying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only fearful that I may be transitioning from Type 2 to Type 1 and all the associated risk plus the difficulty of finding available insulin these days. I have my fingers crossed that it is only the crappy but delicious meals they serve here.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete