Sunday, August 7, 2022

 I have been avoiding writing anything new the past week. For some reason, not sure why or what the trigger was, but I have been an emotional roller coaster. Lots of tears and sobs. Television shows make me cry, reading a book makes me cry, Facebook makes me cry. All for no obvious reason except for the absence of my Robert. So, not all the tears have been sad tears. Many, if not most, have been of a happier nature connected to memories or our time together. And, in his absence, there is a strong sense of his presence. So, grief continues to be more and more my norm. It is not a bad thing really. But it is taking a lot of effort to allow it to grow into what I see as my life these days.

Other than all that I have been trying to keep up with the world. A more and more difficult task as days go by. Besides a resurgence of Covid in our part of the State there are now confirmed cases of Monkey-pox in both Taylor and Brown counties. And my county, Coleman County, is the connection between the two infected areas. Nothing here yet, but if that virus travels in the same way that Covid did a couple of years back we are only treading water before we get our first case confirmed...if our county authorities will even admit it when it happens. For the longest time the tried to cover up the real numbers of Covid infections.

And today I read that the "authorities" now believe that several hundred people in New York State have probably been exposed, and are carrying, the polio virus. Those New York people tend to travel a lot for fun and business. So, even if they are not sick, they may be carrying the virus and shedding it in other states. All because a community of religious people do/did not believe in getting vaccinations.

So, have I depressed you enough yet. Sorry.

On a happier note my life is actually very good. I am getting better at budgeting and making my little bit last longer. I read something recently where the writer referred to himself and one of "The Poors". I guess that is what I am. A poor. Such is my fate in life and one that I am comfortable with most of the time. Being poor is not all that bad. But then again, I am not that poor. I have a home, friends, enough food to eat and transportation that I don't have to live in. So maybe I am not all that poor after all.

We are going into a more normal weather pattern for a while. The extreme heat every day is finally breaking and our temps for the next month or so will have highs in the high 90's with overnights in the 70's and an occasional night in the 60's. Then, probably in October, more mild days and even the possibility of some rain. As I recall, rain is when droplets of water fall out of the sky. But it is only a faint recollection, I could be mistaken.

Hope you are all doing well. Living your best life and staying safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment