Friday, August 19, 2022

 Just a quick observation. Sometimes it really is the story that counts. That even a not so great script and a not so great film and/or cast can land a truly emotional impact if you only stick through it until the end. Such is the case of a Panamanian movie I just watched on Prime titled The Family Tree. Not a great film at all though it boasts several awards from "minor" film festivals. The story carried me through the entire film and had me in tears at the end. I do recommend it if you are a film buff such as I am.

2 comments:

  1. We are not a streaming household so i miss a lot of these things, but then there are so many shows and channels one cannot keep up with them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a year and a half into my widow-hood and living alone on a small farm 13 miles from the nearest fire hydrant leaves me with more than ample time to indulge my two primary interest, movies and books. Of course that means that I exhaust my HughesNet bandwidth early in the month and have to rely on standard definition instead of high but I just convince myself that I am in an old art house in the 60's and that works. As for books, well lets just say that Amazon and Better World Books have me on the top of their list of favorite customers.

      Delete