Saturday, August 19, 2023

 I admit that I am completely smitten by my South American gentleman. He is handsome to the point of being beautiful. He has the most seductive eyes ever placed in a human head. And, beyond all that he is a kind and compassionate soul. I believe him without question when he says that I am special to him, that I brighten his days the way he does mine. Yes, I am a romantic and my dreams keep me going when all else seems to have left me. We have moved from that simple comment stage to actually having conversations with substance. And, while we will probably never actually meet face to face I have the dream that if and when we do he will not be surprised at the site of this old man who uses a cane most of the time for balance, shaves his head and is on the precipice of loving someone with a love that can never exist in this world.

I had that great love once with My Robert, and still have it in my heart and soul. And it is pretty unlikely that the universe will be so gracious as to allow me another.

But dreams can provide a unique reality. And for me dreams are all that are left I think. So, I dream and hope and someday may even write a novel about two souls drawn together by love but kept apart until one of them is finally able to come to the other only to be able to visit the grave where their love is buried. I will dedicate the novel to him in Colombian Spanish of course. And our love will have a permanence that is so often held only in our memories and, of course, our dreams.

The new insulin dosages may be working. My glucose numbers dropped from over 400 to 90 in less than 24 hours and seem to be stabilizing to a more normal range for a person my age. It is still too early to predict but my hope grows.

It is interesting how dreams and hope and slowly walking into some unknown future are suddenly so much a part of who I am. And my past is so much a guiding part of what my future may hold.

I miss My Robert so much that when I think of him or look at his picture hanging on the wall my chest tightens in its resistance to just bursting out in tears. I live with my very best friend and only real love, Timmy my dog, who if something were to happen to I seriously doubt that I would have the will to go on alone. And yet I continue to hold on to those dreams of a life that, in reality, can never exist.

So this pathetically sad and lonely old man wishes only the best that life can offer to all of you who I also will never meet but have developed a true and honest love for. Until next time I send you all virtual hugs and only dream of being able to give you all a real hug some day.

8 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that the insulin may be working better. That would be a real relief.

    Be careful about those South American men. They will break your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully expect a heart break. But does not stop the dream from my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first true love and I were together 23 years. he's been dead now 10 years and even though I'm in a new loving relationship, there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about my past love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Robert and I were together 46 years before he died in 2021. It has been 2.5 years and there is not a day that passes that I do not want him to just walk into the room like nothing had ever happened. And, in the past few weeks my aloneness has turned into loneliness which is the most abysmal feeling I have ever felt. What I would not give for just a caring hug.

      Delete
  4. Please do not think yourself pathetic. There is nothing pathetic about a human being's loneliness or loss of a great love. I hope you still talk to Robert and that it helps. And of course a beloved fur friend like Timmy can help fill the gaps in your heart, but not replace what is missing. I am glad you have an on-line friend and crush to interact with. There is nothing wrong with connecting whenever, however, and with whomever...just keep connecting with him and with us in the blogger world. Even the heaviest quilt can be created by starting with a simple thread. I hope I can be one of those threads that make up the new quilt of relationships you're building.*Hug*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sean so much. I can't say how your comment touched me and actually raised some of my spirit. Hope you become a constant reader and commenter.

      Delete
  5. So, you've run off to South America.... Be well

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, still here, just gathering my thoughts. I will be posting again soon. So, beware, IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

      Delete