Saturday, January 20, 2024

 So, five days ago I had my prostate surgery. And in the past five days I have been in the Emergency Room 4 times now. Not exactly the outcome I was expecting.

I am tired, I am frustrated to the point of tears and I just want this to be over and done with. If you might be facing this procedure yourself then print out my rantings here and give a copy to your surgeon with the sincere request the he or she not follow my example.

Over and done with, find the best procedure for you and do not let them wander off your target. It is you life after all. The may have the knowledge and skill to do the work but unless they are doing the procedure on themselves they must pay attention to your desires and needs.

Now I am headed to the recliner where I plan on sleeping most of the day. It is cold, only in the teens, and I am depressed. So, sometimes, the best cure is to just try to sleep it off.

2 comments:

  1. I would be frustrated too. I hope you have good medical insurance? Four ER visits sound like quite the pretty penny to pay out of pocket.

    Spending the day in your recliner (preferably cuddling somebody furry and Terrible) sounds like a plan to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap. 4 times? Why didn't they admit you after the 2nd or 3rd trip? Geez!

    ReplyDelete