Tuesday, September 5, 2023

 So this shit is about to drive me to my last nerve.

First I get a call yesterday, yes on Labor Day, from the doctors office to schedule a follow up appointment for the Gastro where they did a bunch of biopsies. The appointment was scheduled for late in the month so I made the assumption that everything was alright or they would call me in earlier.

Then, last night, scheduling called and asked me to come in at 7:30 a.m. to the Lab for additional blood work followed by a appointment in the surgery center to take 3 additional biopsies from my throat. Doom and gloom and impending death came rushing back into the room.

Now, I do have Barrett's Esophagus which might be the culprit. Over time it does accumulate what, for lack of a better term, the doctor refers to as "crud" in my throat, little clumps of white tissue on my esophagus. This is the first time they have biopsied it however. And, as I was leaving they said, one more time, that the results should be available by the end of the week along with the earlier results and that they would call me, that there was no need for me to call them.

Guess, what? They are not getting off the hook that easy. They will be getting regular calls from me starting Thursday early as they open the office.

So now, with a sore throat and raspy voice, I wish you all the best.

5 comments:

  1. It seems everyone wants a piece of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone except the right one wanting the right piece.

      Delete
  2. Aaarrgggh. More tests.More waiting. More results. Talk about an emotional roller coaster. Wishing you strength, patience, calm, and endurance. All my body parts crossed only good news comes back from all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and to save you having to read todays post my bill of health has come back. I am not going to have anything Healthwise to worry about for a while other than a bunch of gut pain and night time pee problems that we will be addressing whether they want to or not.

      Delete