Sunday, September 10, 2023

 It is my fervent wish that none of you ever has to endure acute pancreatitis. I have been dealing with a flareup for the past two days. It is beginning to subside and I hope to wake up in the morning feeling 100% better. The gut pain like someone has kicked you with cleats on and left the cleats inside you, not to mention the other things that your body does. Well, it is not fun is about the best I can say.

I do have followup appointments this month to try and deal with whatever is going on with my pancreas as well as addressing the ongoing mess with my blood sugar levels. When I started the insulin there was an immediate correction. But that only lasted a day and since then it has been up and down like that roller coaster that I say I seem to be trapped on.

My South American gentleman continues to be the wonder that I have always thought him to be. However, he has revealed, in a subtle way, that he is bi and has a preference for the fairer sex. So, I will be happy being his old Queer friend. That is really the best since we will never meet anyway.

My Cleveland boyfriend continues to be just that. But having long distance online conversations is proving to be more complicated than I thought they would be. I told him that he has become my now you see him now you don't, boyfriend because there are such long gaps in our conversation. He does have his life to live and I accept that but it would be nice if we could have a conversation not interrupted by long periods of silence.

Now however, I am getting sleepy. I have slept this entire day away, did wake up early and did a load of laundry that will be folded in its own time. And, I keep getting spasms in my lower left abdomen, probably that Alien baby working its way to the surface.

So I am going to settle in with a movie and then sleep some more with visions of good health and well being dancing in my head.

4 comments:

  1. Please stop being in pain and discomfort. It breaks my heart! Sending lots of love and gentle get well hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, listen to Sassybear.

    I also hope I never have to endure acute pancreatitis, or have to learn how to spell it for that matter.

    I sincerely hope your medical team figures out the blood sugar stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I sure hope you will feel better soon. It's always upsetting to hear tales of woe from friends and blogger pals.

    And I agree about the long-distance connections we meet. I only had one, we never did meet, but had lovely conversation... but I'll be honest...it doesn't work for me. I need "hands on activity" if you know what I'm stepping in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG hope you're feeling better!
    That sounds dreadful!
    And I agree with Mads. Long distance relationships can be tricky. Just get the best you can and go with the flow...

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete