Wednesday, September 13, 2023

 What a difference a day makes...24 little hours. 

Well, I went from actually feeling almost recovered to a complete relapse in a single day. It actually hit at 11 p.m. last night and I have been up ever since. I am not going to go into any details but this is about a miserable as a human can feel and actually still be alive.

The first meeting with my new Primary Care Physician is this coming Monday and we are going to talk about Pancreatitis and Glucose levels and the increasing specter of kidney damage and/or disease due to the prolonged elevated sugars in my system. 

The insulin is now at 20 units both a.m. and p.m. and it seems that it is very slowly beginning to have an affect on my readings. But there continues to be some pretty high readings mixed in there also. 

But now, the gory details about all that is going on with my body. At my current age of 75 a full blown diagnosis of Chronic Pancreatitis carries with it a life expectancy of 10 years which would put me at 85 and the probability that Timmy will have predeceased me is pretty good. So, that is not all that upsetting.

The glucose issues have been going on for so long that their damage is probably already pretty much set in stone. So impact on other organs, most serious risk being the kidneys, is pretty good and, in fact, upon looking a lab results from last month, my CKD-EPI GFR is 58.6 puts me in the level 3 kidney disease category, and while that requires additional test to see if those numbers stay in that range, it is a cautionary shot across the bow so to speak. 

So, all this doom and gloom aside I am not planning on checking out anytime soon. These are all warning signs that can, and should, be addressed my my medical care team...such that it is. 

My amazing South American Gentleman continues to be the light that shines most bright in every day that passes. I believe I may have actually exhausted my vocabulary of praises to sing in his honor and it may be time to just sit back and admire God's handiwork.

My Cleveland boyfriend continues to befuddle my mind. I can not figure if he is sincere or not. And, another of those red flags that signal a possible catfish. I asked for a simple selfie sort of snapshot and have put the request on the table several time since the first request and still no picture. Now, the theory is that if they have concocted an identity that is all manufactured by stock pictures that do not even resemble them, they are not willing to share a image of who they really are. So, I am beginning to drift further from center on this, and recognize the the complexity of long distance online shit may just be that...shit.


3 comments:

  1. Well we will hope for the best when you get your results on Monday. I hope everything goes well. Health issues are never fun. And if I was you I will cut Mr Cleveland loose. The last thing you need is added stress and worry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps Mr. Cleveland is an AI boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!
    Wishing you some comfort and recovery! I do not understand what pancreatitis is but I'm running to WebMD right after this to find out. Hopefully the insulin will start working better.
    As for the gentlemen callers, well, the Latin American beau seems to be the most enjoyable. Mr. Cleveland seems to be busy, so enjoy that one when he pops up. Don't expect a pattern, though. Just enjoy that as it comes.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete