Sunday, March 3, 2024

 Well a day or so after the last post I woke up without the use of my right leg. It was still there, I could still feel it but I could not move it and it would not help me stay upright. The problem was from the hip down and did not injur my torso and up. So I tried to use my arms to slide to the edge of the bed with the thought that if I could stand up all would be fine. Wrong! I fell to the floor and could not get back up and had to call for help who determined I needed another ambulance ride to the ER. A few hours later I am once again admitted for evaluation.

After too many test they determined that I probably had a mini stroke even though all their scans and test did not find anything. And, all the time the sensation began coming back to my leg but the memory of how to walk was still on vacation. 

So, I have landed in a rehab facitlity called Brightpoint at Lytle Lake. Not a bad place and has great staff. I checked in on the Weekend so don't have a plan of care until tomorrow ( Monday ) so no idea how long I will be here. But at least healing is beginning and the staff and Doctors and other professionals actually are listening to what I am saying and go beyond treating symptoms and treating what was causing the symptoms. I hope my stay here will be a short one. And, of course I will keep you all updated even though you might be thinking what can happen next. Guess what, so am I.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no. That's really scary.

    It's good that somebody is listening to you but not so good you have to be in rehab now. I hope you heal up well. Maybe some chats with hot South American men would be in order?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa!
    That's quite the ordeal!!! And they did not find out why? A mini-stroke???
    Sending hugs and good vibes. Hopefully rehab will help.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete