Tuesday, October 24, 2023

 Well greetings my friends.

Other that a bunch of aches and pains my health remains unchanged. I see my primary care physician Thursday and I am going to insist that he do something to fix my broken body. And tomorrow I start Balance Physical Therapy. There are several residents that live here that go there and they say it has improved their balance to the point they are less likely to fall and feel safe walking with little assistance. So I am hoping to have at least a similar result.

Now for the most important news.

Mr. Cleveland is now Mr. Cincinnati. We had a big, and somewhat disturbing couple of weeks. Remember how difficult it was to get a picture of him? Well it dawned on me that I did not have his phone number or his address if I wanted to send a card or, God forbid, a love letter that would not eventually be available to everyone on the internet. We reached an impasse where I insisted that if we were virtual/online partners, or boyfriend, or what ever we were I should be trusted with that information. After all I had shared that information with him when he had requested it. He did not refuse but just kept ignoring my request. So, one more time I gave him the virtual silent treatment. Then about 3 days later I got a text message on my phone with a bright red heart and a pair of bright red kissing lips (a gif) and his full mailing address and phone number and a note that said "I Love You so much, I am sorry. I trust you with my heart and life why would I not trust you with this."

So, we have made up, had long online silly and very romantic conversations on Skype and all is better than right with the world.

Then he finally brought up money. And, when I saw that word my defenses immediately broke surface.  

Turns out he did not want any money from me. What he wanted to do was to pay off all my debts so that I would no longer have that anxiety. Well that touched another soft spot that I have about money and that is one of one standing on ones own two feet and not relying on anyone, much less someone who is rapidly becoming, at least in my mind, that special person. We debated for a while and my insistence that I did not want money to ever be a point of contention in our relationship finally won. Oh, and he did not want to lend me the money to pay my debts. He just wanted to pay everything, not a loan, a gift.

And now he has started sending me those sheets that you get from a realtor that has all the details of houses that are for sale all over the country to see what I think about them. Yes, it does seem to be progressing that far and fast. But, we agree that we have all the time in the world and we do not need to rush. However, he has already made the arrangements with his boss that he will be able to work from home where ever home ends up being.

I have times of very practical thoughts and times of a teenager facing his first love.

We have chatted extensively about My Robert and what he meant and still means to me and how Mr. Cincinnati will never replace My Robert but will instead stand side by side with him in my heart. And, another miracle, he had already formed that thought be had not brought it up because he did not want to upset me.

So there is happiness and joy in my life these days. I know that we will have other ups and downs, that is something that happens while two people become more and more as one. But we have weathered the virtual ones so far and I think we will be able to weather what might come in the future.

Have a wonderful day my friends. Much love to you all.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhh I think physical therapy would be awesome!
    I think any kind of exercise is good, TBH.
    And Mr. Cleveland and you seem to be going well. Yay!
    Online relationships are very tricky, if I may add. I was in one for years and even though we saw each other in person every few weeks, it was hard.
    Bet his offer was touching. To tell you the truth, when you started describing the interaction I tensed up a little bit. Glad to read it was actually him being open to help. But I'm glad you decided not to take it. As you said, it's better to stand on our own two feet.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help it. Something still bothers me about this whole thing. My gut feeling is usually right, but in a few instances. It naws. I hope for you and being happy, I'm wrong. And I really hope all goes well with the medical appointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still find it all too good to be true and my instincts tell me that is always the truth. I admit I hope I am wrong but if I have nothing to scam me out of and he is house hunting, etc. then what would he be up to?

      Delete
  3. I don't understand. How did Mr Cleveland become Mr Cincinnati? Had he been misleading you about his residence? Did he move?

    I shall leave it in the capable hands of your other commenters to be unconditionally optimistic and happy for your good fortune. As a mistrustful old person I will simply express relief that you didn't let him pay your bills, and gratitude that you are working on your balance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Cleveland's profile had that as where he lived. He sent me contact info for him and his home address is in Cincinnati. And I will soon share some of what he has said that actually has convinced me finally of his sincerity. And you, my friend, are not as mistrustful an old person as you let on.

      Delete